The sixth batch of Target’s Accelerator Program was launched. The selected startups will be part of a four-month intensive program focused on transformative and technology-driven ideas to create solutions for today’s rapidly changing retail environment.
The startups selected will work on developing customized retail solutions using emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing and analytics. These startups will have access to Target mentors, tools, resources and operational support – as well as workspace at Target’s Bangalore offices. During the four-month program, startups are given the opportunity to implement their solutions in real-world scenarios and measure the results in real time.
Rakesh Mishra, vice president of Marketing at Target India, said: “Over the last couple of years, India has become a superpower driving innovation in the retail sector across the globe. Target’s experience with startups in our Accelerator Program over the past five years has been a journey of continuous learning, sharing and growth. We are excited to work with more amazing startups who are creating path breaking technologies for the retail sector, and we look forward to tapping some of the best minds in the industry.”
Below are the startups participating in the sixth batch of the Target Accelerator Program:
• Kenome uses artificial intelligence to help enterprises make sense of dark data using cutting-edge deep learning, natural language processing and knowledge graphs.
• Point105-AR provides a holistic 3D asset management solution for augmented reality experiences.
• Quilt.ai applies human empathy to research at scale by using artificial intelligence tools to build a large research and action platform.
• Moodboard provides a tool that leverages artificial intelligence to provide insights on product performance trends that aid in future product design.
• Eder.ai offers a distributed computing platform with blockchain-grade encryption which enables secure artificial intelligence to help scale research and unearth new intelligence.
• StyleDod provides a tool that automatically converts floorplans into 3D designed rooms, fully furnished with merchandisable products.
The Target Accelerator Program, which was launched in December 2013, gives startups a unique platform to develop, scale and test their products in a live retail environment while also accessing Target mentors in India and the U.S. To date, 30 startups have graduated from the program and worked with Target teams across stores, marketing, finance, legal, merchandising, mobile and digital.